Pages

Friday, April 20, 2012

Grandpa Moore...always in my heart.

My blogging is starting off very slow. It has been a long two weeks since I first posted though.

After submitting my first post, my day kind of turned upside down. 
My dad called me from back home in Indiana and informed me that my Grandpa Moore was in the hospital and that they had told everyone to come in and see him. It wasn't looking good. My heart instantly dropped, but then again I didn't feel too harshly because he has been in and out of the hospital for the past year or so and always came out of it strong. An hour later though my dad gave me word that my grandpa had passed away. I was instantly shocked, and then instantly crying. 

I couldn't believe that he was gone. The man that taught me how to hook a worm, water ski, catch dinner and then fry it up was gone. Every summer I worked right along side him in his Touchdown Lures company that produced fishing lures. The Indianapolis Star wrote a great article on the legend that he built called: Jonesville man's 'Touchdown' lure responsible for many big scores.

We would work all day long and then my sisters and cousins and I would run over to Taco Bell for lunch or if it was really hot we stopped by Tropical Sno for a snow cone. I remember putting hot dogs on the fishing poles early each morning, and then once we got back from working we would check to see if any catfish had been hooked. I lived out on the lake every summer, along with my sisters and cousins. The best part was when we would all stay in the basement for a week long. It would be full of skiing, fishing, campfires, s'mores, and tons of fried fish that we caught ourselves, of course.

Out of all the memories though, the one thing I always remember about my grandpa is that there was never a time he didn't tell us he loved us, or was proud of us. Both my grandpa and grandma were the best grandparents I could ask for. After anything and everything that happened they would tell us how much they loved me and all my family. And how proud of me they were. They always made it to my basketball games, my high school graduation, the county fair, and much more. That is what I'm going to miss the most. Just seeing his smiling face that told me how much he loved me.



Grandpa Moore will always be in my heart. I can't wait for the days that I can tell my children about him. I want them to know how amazing he was. And how much he would love them, because I know that he loves me and always will. 

1 comment: