Pages

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A Summer back home in Indiana...

So if you haven't heard yet I am returning back home to Indiana for the summer!!!

Ever since I moved out to Utah for school I have wanted to go back home for a summer, however it was just never able to happen...until now. I will be working full time for the Bartholomew County Extension Office as the Summer 4-H Intern.

Growing up at home I lived for the County Fair every summer. I showed our Jersey dairy cows, sheep, swine, and of course competed with my horse and pony in the contesting events. Besides livestock, I did sewing projects, gift wrapping, and microwave foods. I can't wait to spend my entire summer working with the program that made every one of my summers amazing. I'm looking forward to working with all the young 4-Hers and putting together a great 4-H camp and 4-H week at the fairgrounds.



Besides working my dream job, I will be able to see all of my family and friends for more than just a few weeks at a time. I can hang with my incredible little nephews and twin nieces for the entire summer. Spend time with my little sisters that are living back home in a huge house with my parents. And help my dad farm and care for the cows and pigs during a great Indiana summer. I am so excited and anxious for it all to start, however leaving Cody (my cow crazy farm boyfriend) will be hard. He is pretty darn lucky though with a full time job working on his family dairy farm in Preston, Idaho. I'm going to miss him like crazy.

I don't think I could put into words how much I love home back in Hope, Indiana. I love the great summers full of the fair, corn and beans everywhere, driving around in a truck with the windows down, and hanging with my friends and family.

I hope everyone's ready for me to return, because I sure am!

1 comment: